ARES | Applied Research on Energy Systems
The Unit for Applied Research on Energy Systems (ARES) conducts R&D on integrated energy systems in the field of hydrogen production and storage, batteries and concentrated solar power. The spectrum of activities ranges from modelling and prototyping of components to lab-testing and validation of technological systems.
ARES has know-how and expertise in European projects, technology transfer and collaborative research with industry and government at the territorial, national and international levels.
ARES’ technology transfer aims to establish relationship with businesses and government in order to transfer skills, knowledge and technologies that can be further developed and exploited into new products, processes, applications, materials, or services. ARES encourages and supports start-up activity in the energy field that can result in new business creation. Some of the innovations developed by ARES are patented and represent innovative know-how for our partners.
In these contexts, ARES offers:
- consolidated expertise in the energy field (Hydrogen storage, Solar thermodynamic systems, Distributed Micro-Cogeneration, Geothermal solutions, Energy Efficiency)
- numerical modelling expertise and tools to optimize systems and industrial processes (Comsol, Ansys and proprietary code)
- multidisciplinary competences in design and development of complete control system (electronics, telecommunications, fluid dynamics, mechanics)
- management of industrial safety of machines and systems (IEC61508, EN62061 and SILs)
- project management skills and support for new initiatives and collaborations